Monday, March 17, 2014

Youth Rally Dress


This post was originally started two weeks ago....

Rachael wanted a new outfit for a Youth Rally that we were having at our church and I finally had to tell her that it just wasn't going to happen. The week before a Youth Rally is super busy, the church gets extra cleaning done to it and so does the fellowship hall. There is also last minute skit rehearsal and school and dental appointments and laundry and dinners to cook and... and... and....

We spent most of the Thursday before the Youth Rally at the dentist and afterwards, Rachael and I went shopping for a little bit. We found a really cute dress at Dillards. We both fell in love with it. We discussed several different ways to make it a little more modest for her to wear. 


I dug through quite a few plastic containers of fabric to find that yes(!) I did have one yard left of a semi-sheer georgette leftover from another project. I cut one panel 17" and another 15" to make a "skirt" underneath the lace hem. I also added a 4" ruffle underneath the lace around the bottom of the sleeves. This made it modest enough that she could wear it to church.





In case you might be wondering - Rachael does her own hair. I'm not sure what kind of setting my phone was on when I took these pics of Rachael. The dress is a dark coral.

This outfit was not only worn to the Youth Rally but it's also one of the outfits that she's selected to take for evening church at Church Camp this year. Only 3 more outfits to go...


1 comment:

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Good save - and I love her dramatic poses!