Sunday, December 23, 2012

#25 Ballerina Wrap Jacket

Hello there! Long time no blog. Yeah, there are no excuses. So... now that we've got that out of the way....


I felt rather blah during most of October and November, but I finally just had to do something. I didn't want to sew, so I picked up a bunch of my Vogue Knitting magazines and searched until I found a project that inspired me. It was the #25 Ballerina Wrap Jacket from Vogue Knitting Fall 2009. Yeah, I loved it then and still did.


My next chore was to make sure that I had enough of DK weight yarn in one colorway to actually knit this sweater. I didn't think that would be hard since I tend to buy yarn in sweater amounts. I actually only had one DK weight yarn in the right quantities. Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Clematis - a luscious blue-black. I think that it's dyed blue and then over-dyed with black? Not exactly sure but the yarn is gorgeous, springy and an absolute delight to knit with.

I knit the largest size.  My mods were to make the bottom ruffle 7" instead of the called for 9". I kind of wish that I had knit it to 9" though and to add short row shaping for my bust.

Front - I love!

Back - I love!
Altogether, I am very pleased with how this sweater turned out. I have worn this twice to church and really, I love this sweater. I see places that I could improve the fit but knitting, like sewing, is a learning process and I enjoy the learning. Yes, this sweater has been blocked and I'm comforted to see that the ruffle of the sweater in the magazine flips out too.

This photo shows the true color of the yarn. FAB!
The project page for this sweater can be found here on Ravelry (open to anyone). Friend me if you are on Ravelry or leave me a comment with your username, I'll find you!

I finished working on a cabled shawl and am now working on a knock off of the Ascot Bow Scarf from Anthropolgie. Only mines red! Made with a merino wool/silk blend. Oh. My!


Later....

4 comments:

Sister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister said...

Beautiful! And I just friended you on Ravelry - holy crap! You knit more than you sew! I just found Vogue Knitting magazine - I'm now obsessed with finding more. Have a merry Christmas!

Allison said...

That sweater is absolutely beautiful and it really fits you well!

Leslie said...

I just saw your ballerina wrap jacket on Ravelry and had to pop over here to see your blog. Your jacket is stunning and you look fantastic in it!