Too cool! Although, I have to laugh because it is well known in my circle of family and friends that I don't do questionnaires! Anyway, Cathy, over at The Hem Line, has tagged me to do a meme of 7 things that you might not know about me. Here goes:
1. My grandmother taught me how to cross-stitch and do needlepoint when I was 8. This skill came in handy in my early 20's when I worked for a company doing embroidery samples for children's clothing.
2. I learned to sew at about 23. It is truly a passion for me. Sewing relaxes me, calms me, challenges me. I am so thankful to have found such a wonderful sewing community on the Internet to learn from, and I have learned ALOT.
3. I love to mow the grass. I have been kind of irritated with Cody because he keeps mowing before I have a chance to get out there. There is just something awesome about the smell of freshly cut grass.
4. I don't like to cook which is kind of funny when I consider that I love to read cookbooks.
5. I am a native Houstonian and proud of it. Despite this, I absolutely adore living in the country.
6. I grew up the oldest of 4 children. I have 3 brothers, Matt, 32, R.T., 24, and Taylor, 18. Yes, we are spread out and it looks like I am following in the family tradition because.....
7. I am expecting! By the time this baby is born, my DSS, Johnathan will be almost 22. Hannah will be 12, and Rachael, 7. I am still in shock.
So there you have it, 7 things about me you didn't know and 1 that I just found out about.
These are some of the ladies that I would like to learn more about (and it was hard to choose which ones).
Cathy Jean of Home, Sweet Home, Noble
Faye of Faye's Sewing Adventures
Sally of Sally Sews - Aunt Emily's Legacy
Marjie of Modern Day Ozzie and Harriet
Bunny of La Sewista
Shannon of Frogs In A Bucket
Ann of Ann's Fashion Studio
Ladies if you have already done this or just don't like to do this kind of thing, I promise not to be offended. No obligation!!!
1. Link to your Tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know that they are tagged by leaving a post on their blog.